Our favorite spiritual duo, Oprah & Deepak, launch another inspirational meditation journey.
Today begins their free 21-Day Meditation Experience, Shedding the Weight: Mind, Body and Spirit, created for you to discover what truly nourishes your entire being and lift the heaviness that has held you back from being your best self.
Don't feel like doing it alone? We have a few options you may just be happy to act on in order for you to take a step towards learning and deepening your practice in meditation and mindfulness.
1. INVITE A FRIEND
If you are new to meditation and feeling a bit shy, reach out to a close friend who you believe would enjoy learning something new and calming with you. Learning new things with a dear friend is not just fun, it can also deepen your relationship.
2. JOIN A LOCAL MEDITATION MEET UP
Search for meditation meet ups or a mindfulness community near your neighborhood. This is something we highly recommend for those who are new to meditation. Joining in on a group meditation sitting can help you to focus and keep discipline during meditation. It can also be comforting to have direct access to a meditation guide who is there to help you break down and understand meditation techniques and the foundation of meditation.
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR PERSONAL FAVORITE MEDITATION MEET UP GROUPS:
- Bodhi Tree Dharma Center: offering weekly and monthly varieties of meditation sittings in Nu'uanu on Oahu lead by monks and meditation guides from across the globe.
- Broken Ridge Meditation Group with Gregory Pai at the Mu Ryang Sa Temple, in the valley of Palolo on Oahu.
Pai leads an Insight meditation sitting every Saturday. A practice of cultivating higher levels of self awareness, inner peace and spiritual growth through the cultivation of mindfulness. Through mindfulness, we learn to be aware of each present moment without clinging or aversion. From this state arises clear seeing, wisdom, and compassion.
- Shine From The Inside Out: A new and fresh mindfulness community in Los Angeles, CA., was created by life coach, Angela Aguirre, organizing meet-ups, personal shares, and linking up with like-hearted individuals in inspiring places who all share a desire for a purposeful adventure.
Today Aguirre hosted a hike in Los Feliz to kick off day one of Oprah and Deepak's 21 Day meditation challenge. Click here to find more about Aguirre's meet ups.
3. CREATE YOUR OWN MEDITATION COMMUNITY
So you've googled, called around, hunted and done everything possible to find a mindfulness community or meditation gatherings near home and still no luck?! Have you heard of that saying, "If you build it, they will come."?
Think of this discovery as a great opportunity to take matters into your own hands and start your own group. Even if you begin with meeting up with just one or two friends, creating your own routine meet ups to meditate at your nearest park or a quiet place indoors, is all you need to begin. Organizing these meetups can help all participants involved strengthen their relationship with meditation, themselves, and the community. It's a WIN, WIN, WIN!